International Management & Marketing Academy
Through the International Management & Marketing Academy - I.M.M.A., APPLICATIO supports the development and international competitiveness of companies, organisations and institutions through the transfer of adapted know-how and the development of new competences. This applies to managers and junior managers from developing, transition and emerging countries of Asia, Africa and Europe as well as from industrialised countries.
The know-how transfer and the competence development adapted to the target group takes place through:
- Individual seminars and workshops
- Long-term training programmes
- Short-term training programmes.
Short-term, practical successes in further training are only possible due to I.M.M.A.'s many years of experience with the implementation of short- and long-term training programmes and the correspondingly high level of expertise in questions of practice-oriented further training for participants from developing and transition countries.
The range of services offered by I.M.M.A. is supplemented by technical equipment, hardware and software as well as seminar and computer rooms of high standards in the (university) centre of Hamburg.
Through its training measures I.M.M.A. supports the development and international competitiveness of enterprises, organisations and institutions worldwide by transferring adapted know-how. This holds true for senior and junior executives from emerging countries, transition countries and industrialised countries.
The target-oriented know-how transfer is affected by
- Seminars and workshops around different topics lasting in average 2 to 5 days in Germany or abroad;
- Long term training programmes (e.g. certified training courses for consultants) lasting 5 to 12 months;
- Short term training programmes, lasting approx. one month.
I.M.M.A. of APPLICATIO is specialised in trainings around management, leadership, marketing, eLearning and development cooperation. Possible topics of trainings are :
According the dicactic basic understanding of APPLICATIO learning is a situational, active and socially embedded process that runs different for each person. This basic understanding of learning processes forms the basis for each workshop. The focus is on strengthening the problem-solving, action and change management skills (depending on the subject of the training and the needs of the participants).
Didactic principles in the workshop are:
- Participation: Learners and trainers are equal partners; the learning process is understood as a joint project of all parties, for its success all take responsibility.
- Diversity: The learning formats and methods enable the inclusion of the different levels, "head, heart and hand".
- Pratice orientation: A direct reference of the course content to the every day work of the participants is crucial. The practical application of acquired skills is in the foreground in the sense of improved action competence.
- Participant orientation: The specific design of the workshops is based on the previous knowledge, values, needs and interests of the participants.
- Tolerance: A climate of openness and partnership motivates learners and trainers and promotes mutual understanding and a willingness to participate.
- Transparency: APPLICATIO communicates openly and transparently with its partners and clients about the respective interests, and the setting of objectives, content, and conditions of cooperation.
With regard to didactic-methodologic methods, the programmes are oriented accordingly to the principles of adult education, i.e.
- Short impulse lectures should introduce the respective topic complex and impart the necessary basic knowledge; however, frontal teaching should be reduced to a minimum.
- Discussions about fundamentals lead to the practice of applying and testing of tools based on practical examples.
- Practice is based on case studies, so the results are applicable.
- Group works, presentations and discussions should take place especially after the lunch break, as often experienced the concentration for intense learning is lower in the afternoon.
- Work in the group and in the plenary play a central role, in which the trainers as moderators/facilitators steer the group.
- There should be adequate space be given for bilateral discussions (at least coach-participants, but also participant-participant).
Also central methodical-didactic basic principles for training implementation by APPLICATIO are:
- There will be an ongoing and intensive reference not only to the subjects on offer, but also to the specific situation and problems in the home countries of the participants.
- In conducting the seminars a wide range of different teaching methods with frequent variations will be used